Are you a doctor without borders? Come work with us!
Because you will not have access to the equipment and diagnostic tools available in Finland, you will get to use a wide range of clinical skills. You will be working closely with local doctors and nurses as well as other international professionals. You will train local staff and support their clinical work. Your work also includes administrative duties and supervising local staff.
Requirements for Medical Doctors:
- You have graduated as a medical doctor
- You are licensed to work as a medical doctor in Finland
- You have at least two years’ experience working as a medical doctor in one of the following fields: gynaecology and obstetrics, infectious diseases (especially HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis), general practice and accidents and emergency, surgery, paediatrics
- You have strong clinical skills, and you are able to work in circumstances where the equipment and diagnostic tools available in Finland are not present
- Over half a year’s experience in treating tropical diseases or a course in tropical medicine (Health in Humanitarian Assistance or similar) is an asset
- You have excellent English skills, knowledge of French is an asset
- You have experience in training and supervising others
Please also read through our general requirements.
Duration of Assignment
Assignments typically last for 6 to 9 months. We hope that all our aid workers commit to going on more than one assignment.