As an epidemiologist your work includes monitoring the spread and prevention of infectious diseases as well as related research.
During an outbreak you monitor the situation, including the geographical spreading and emerging of new cases. You plan measures to prevent the spreading of infectious diseases and plan and maintain a monitoring system. Your work also includes training and supervising local staff on gathering information and organising monitoring.
Requirements for Epidemiologists:
- You have a relevant degree (e.g., a master’s degree in public health or health sciences with emphasis on epidemiology or control of infectious diseases)
- You have at least two years’ experience working as an epidemiologist
- You have experience of using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English, knowledge of French or Arabic is an asset
- You have experience in training and supervising others
Please also read through our general requirements.
Duration of Assignment
Assignments typically last for 6 to 9 months. We hope that all our aid workers commit to going on more than one assignment.