As a nurse you get to train and supervise local staff. You will manage the day-to-day care work, so your role will be comparable to that of a head nurse.
Local nurses will do most of the clinical work and your role will focus on planning and ensuring the quality of care etc. Training and supervising are an important part of your work.
Requirements for Nurses:
- You are licensed to work as a nurse in Finland
- You have at least two years’ experience working as a nurse in one of the following fields: accidents and emergency, infectious diseases, operating theatre, paediatrics
- Over half a year’s experience in treating tropical diseases or a course in tropical medicine (Health in Humanitarian Assistance or similar) is an asset
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English, knowledge of French is an asset
- You have experience in training and supervising others, managerial experience is considered an asset
Please also read through our general requirements.
Duration of Assignment
Assignments typically last for 6 to 9 months. We hope that all our aid workers commit to going on more than one assignment.