Human Resources Specialist
HR roles are available on both a project and coordination level. When working at a coordination level, you are responsible for the HR management of one country. In smaller projects, you are responsible for both financial administration and human resources.
In an HR role you will also be responsible for the HR management of local staff. You will manage an HR team of one or more local staff members depending on the size of the project. In addition to the daily operative HR management, the work includes yearly planning and budgeting. Your work includes preparing and monitoring payroll, recruiting, staff evaluations, skills development, and performance management related questions.
Your work may also include drafting or updating staff rules and developing administrative procedures.
Examples of Tasks:
- Salary management
- Recruiting local staff
- Preparing and harmonising roles
- Drafting and reviewing internal guidelines and employment contracts
- Preparing and monitoring the instructions for shift planning
- Planning and implementing the training and development of staff
- Building administrative procedures
- Developing staff rules, recruitment procedures, onboarding processes for new employees, and matters related to the end of employment
- Training and coaching local colleagues
- Staff evaluations
- Supporting managers in HR related questions
Requirements for Human Resources Specialists:
- You have a relevant degree in e.g., business or social science
- You have at least two years’ experience working in diverse HR duties
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English, knowledge of French is an asset
- You have experience in training and supervising others
Please also read through our general requirements.
Duration of Assignment
Assignments typically last for 6 to 9 months. We hope that all our aid workers commit to going on more than one assignment.